refer to applications, services or resources made available to users on demand via the Internet from a cloud computing provider’s servers. But what are the benefits of cloud technologies?
- Simplicity: automatic software updates; suppliers take care of your servers (and things like security updates) so you no longer need to worry about those.
- Less cost & scalability: you can opt-in to a subscription-based (pay as you go) model covering your short-term/long-term needs. You can adjust your budget and capacity when your demand rises/falls or stop using the system when your needs are covered. Cloud technologies reduce the need for physical infrastructure and its, therefore, a much lower financial investment.
- Collaboration: when your team can access, edit and share documents you increase collaboration and creativity within them.
- Security: Think GDPR. Think about your laptop. Now think about your laptop been stolen. Now run, fast. Or you could use cloud technology! You do not need to store any confidential data on your devices or have printed documents which are not necessary. You just securely log into the cloud and access everything, online. Simple! Due to their massive scale, most Cloud-computing applications can hire world-class security experts and implement high-security measures. If necessary, it will be easier for companies to delete data in the case of an online/offline “attack”.
The aforementioned points bring us to the final big advantage:
working from home.
- Reduced commuting time!
- More productive; many people working from home are more productive, claiming its easier to complete tasks without having office distractions.
- Improved employee retention. When given the option to work from home, parents with childcare responsibilities will be given more flexibility and they will, therefore, be less likely to quit.
- Increased talent pool. You will be able to hire candidates who are in different cities or even countries! This will give you the opportunity to hire the best of the best.
- Are you renting an office space in central London? Then you know that the cost is big! With part-time/working from home people, you would need less space and therefore fewer costs.
Adopting cloud technologies will allow your staff to work part-time or work from home. Thus greater flexibility for you, your employees and your clients! Marcus Donald is one of the many moving towards a cloud technology system. We have recently updated our systems into a CRM and operations software allowing us to receive top talent, all through using the cloud! Our staff are able to access this system whether they are in or out of the office!