Are you interested in IT recruitment? Do you have an infectious ability to build rapport and create relationships with ease? Do you have exceptional organisation skills? Do you like to be rewarded for your enthusiasm and hard work? Are you driven by achieving goals and targets? Do you want to be part of a company where you can create a long-lasting and successful career, where the sky is the limit?
Then maybe a career as a Recruitment Consultant at Marcus Donald People is for you?
If you have no recruitment experience, then a good entry-level for you is to start as an Associate Recruitment Consultant. This is a fast-track way for you to achieve a role as a Recruitment Consultant.
The primary role of an Associate is to find suitable candidates for a client’s job vacancies. You will be supporting Recruitment Consultants to identify talent. The main difference between an Associate and a Recruitment Consultant is that the Recruitment Consultants also are required to liaise and source new clients.
The role is primarily candidate attraction, working closely with your divisional manager within a specific niche IT sector. You will be responsible for sourcing applicants to match clients' job specifications. Your role will be to identify, build, develop and maintain relationships with candidates by offering a consultative recruitment solution. You will develop an understanding of your niche IT sector through candidate generation, networking and research.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a solid understanding of your niche IT sector.
- Develop a strong pool of talent via networking, headhunting, and referrals
- Fully utilise the in-house CRM (Vincere) and ensure compliance with MDP’s best practice and current recruitment legislation.
- Fully utilise external marketing resources to professional standards and in line with our quality management procedures.
- Follow MDP’s Employee Handbook and Code of Conduct to follow best practices.
- Write and place job advertisements across our marketing platforms.
- Work to build Marcus Donald People’s market presence and reputation.
- Fully understanding external tools, for example, job boards and Linkedin.
- Achieve set weekly and monthly business objectives.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Good organization and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Target driven and results-oriented
- Confident and energetic
- Strong work ethic
- Solid presentation skills
- Competent networking ability
Over the years we have been cultivating strong, genuine relationships with an impressive client base spanning sectors including FinTech, Ecommerce, Media, Not for Profit, Professional and Financial Services. As we grow, we are looking for ambitious, forward thinking and enthusiastic individuals to join our team. Our working environment is fun & friendly and there is a lot of space for personal ideas and development. We have informal and open communication, speak freely to each other, and like to spend time together including outside the office.
We are recruitment specialists; our aim is to help our clients recruit the right talent for their roles. The team and infrastructure are in place and we are looking for additional talent to help our growth plans.
When you join us, you will become part of a productive, creative and empowering environment. The atmosphere is informal and friendly whilst still being competitive. The team at Marcus Donald comes from a range of diverse backgrounds; we are interested in who you are and what we can help you achieve. Our recruitment consultants immerse themselves in the fast-growing tech scene and work hard every day to create lasting career connections between outstanding professionals and thriving businesses. We pride ourselves on our unique training approach with the aim of increasing your earning potential and building a lasting career with us.
Why join Marcus Donald People?
- Established brand
- Extensive opportunity for career development
- Like-minded and ambitious individuals
- Excellent training & continuous 'self-development'
- Entrepreneurial environment
- Monthly incentives & events
- Private Health Care (qualifying period)
- Global presence
- A family environment where you encouraged to speak freely
- Competitive commission structure
- Company car scheme
- Share Options available
- Flexible & professional environment
Our career progression process steps:
Associate Recruitment Consultant £18k – £24k
As we grow, we are looking for ambitious, forward-thinking, and enthusiastic individuals to join our team. Whether this is your first job or a career change, we are keen to hear from you.
Recruitment Consultant £24k - £30k
Extensive opportunity for career development and excellent training & continuous 'self-development'. If you are feeling a change of environment is required, look no further. We pride ourselves on our unique training approach with the aim of increasing your earning potential and building a lasting career with us.
Senior Recruitment Consultant £30k – 40k
You have now got a great understanding of what it takes to be successful within Tech recruitment. Let us guide you from here. We are an established brand, there is extensive opportunity for career development, whilst working within an entrepreneurial and above all professional environment.
Principal Recruitment Consultant /Team Manager £35k - £50k
Are you looking for the opportunity to work autonomously? If your ambition is to build a team and manage your own P&L budget, we can put you on this path. If your ambition is to fly solo and simply focus on growing your own billings, then you will receive every cutting-edge tool available to ensure you reach your full potential. The management team boasts a proven track record of taking ~£300k billers to £500k+ billers, inside just two years of joining the MDP family.
Progression to Director where salary and options are negotiable
If you are looking to enter the world of recruitment or a Senior Recruitment Consultant looking for a new opportunity then please contact Alison Calder or Vas Constanti on 020 3328 0400 or send your CV and covering letter to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a chance to build something better this time!”