Marcus Donald is currently looking for a Senior C#, .Net Software Developer to join a popular Financial Trading company, to help our client improve their existing trading platform.
NOTE: Experience within the Financial Services / Trading sector is NOT required.
This is NOT a Greenfield project. This is a bug fixing/improvements kind of job. Mainly BAU.
*100% Remote Working - Work from anywhere in the UK, Poland, Czech Republic, Italy or Cyprus*
Senior C#, .Net Software Developer – Pros of the Job/Company:
- There is no pressure to deliver quickly
- You will learn how a trading system works (from the kitchen)
- You’ll be working on a distributed system
- You’ll be working on a system where low latency is important - analysing latency and improving it.
- Opportunity to learn the trading domain
- You’ll be working on a system that is handling 80,000 requests after throttling
- Working on a core system - means that this position is stable and safe1
- Small, well-defined tasks
Senior C#, .Net Software Developer – Cons of the Job/Company:
- This is more a bug fixing/small improvements work
- Working on a system that is not well understood
- Working on a complex system
- Lack of documentation
- Often working on your own - you are the only person working on a given task
About the trading platform:
It is a complex distributed system comprised of over 100 separate components, exchanging asynchronous messages (and data) over web sockets and streams over web sockets. This system is not easy to understand for a majority of developers.
Senior C#, .Net Software Developer – Technical:
- At least 4 years of C# language
- Profound knowledge in .NET
- Hands-on experience with Entity Framework, ASP.NET
- Unit testing and mocking
- Agile development experience
Senior C#, .Net Software Developer – Desired:
- Experience with AWS
- Docker & Kubernetes
We haven’t to date been very successful in identifying the right person for this role therefore, I thought a direct and detailed approach, by way of including pros and cons, would be helpful.
Should you want to discuss this further prior to applying please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or connect on LinkedIn. The FULL job description is available to be digested further.