World-renowned information provider requires a UX Designer/Product Designer to join their team. Starting January 2024, this is an inside IR35 role.
Hybrid role requiring 1/2 days in the London City office.
Reporting directly to the Product Director, the Product Designer will have overall responsibility for working on a variety of projects primarily involved in digital product design and development. This includes creating visual design specifications and interaction models. In addition, the designer is responsible for creating the user interface and overall customer experience for websites and mobile applications. This includes overall navigation flow, layout of specific pages, and creation of individual graphic elements. The designer will analyze functional and business requirements and develop effective solutions.
- Conceives and creates experience-oriented design solutions that fulfill strategic business objectives
- Works with product managers and development team on style and approach for all projects
- Ensures that all design elements, templates, and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and screen settings along with the constraints set by development and product teams
- Provides design elements, comps, templates, and finished solutions
- Directs usability testing and heuristic reviews
- Maintains an awareness of status and project deliverables
- Defines and articulates the look and feel of the solution through comps and/or prototypes in line with the direction provided by product leads, corporate brand team and Director of UX
- Understands and supports technical display requirements of the platform
- Works closely with design, product and development teams to create concept designs and support approved designs through all production cycles.
- Maintains ownership of support projects and works directly with the product managers
- Bachelor’s Degree in interactive design or visual arts (graphic design)
- 6+ years of experience in a creative role while being proficient in Figma
- A strong working knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process
- Strong understanding of front-end interactive design solutions for back-end data systems
- Working knowledge of capabilities of different platforms and browsers, and their design constraints on the Web
- A portfolio that represents a range of design styles as well as a clear personal aesthetic
- Passion for innovation
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule