Marcus Donald is currently looking for a Principal AWS Designer to join a leading Telecommunications client with a strong vision and impressive portfolio of clients. This organisation prides itself on its diverse and inclusive working environment. The role is to join an existing team who are passionate about what they do.
AWS, networking, on-prem, cloud, design, architect
Role & Responsbilities
You will work with the delivery function to produce critical artifacts such as high-level and low-level designs which are handled through our various design authorities. You will design secure, reliable, and flexible solutions that meet the company's needs, both now and in the future.
- Adopt the role of Lead Design Authority (LDA)
- Engage with key partners to define customer requirements.
- Drive the design and build activity, engaging with internal and external contributors to ensure the solution meets customer requirements.
- Provide detailed, documented technical solutions and reports.
- Translate customer concept designs into detailed design, build, and test specifications that meet customers' requirements.
- Bring a commercial perspective to the operation, with a focus on cash management, cash preservation and optimising returns on investments made in assets and tools.
- Have strong experience in AWS and the technologies available (experience of migrating services from on-premises to cloud or a hybrid model).
- Strong experience designing solutions in the Cloud in particular utilizing technologies across, SaaS, PaaS & IaaS
- Solid understanding of IT information systems technical infrastructure that supports an enterprise infrastructure.
- Proven knowledge of system administration and software development and associated security.
Nice to Haves:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or equivalent, Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), Red Hat Certified (RHCSA or equivalent), The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), Enterprise Architecture Centre of Excellence (EACOE), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Current or historical held SC Level Clearance (or ability to be able to achieve this clearance)
- Track record of setting the standards for the design, development testing of customized and COTS (Common off the Shelf) software/hardware for Broadcast, IP Network, IOT or corporate application based on expertise.
Their hybrid working model, allows you to maximize your contributions while growing your career. You will be joining a team where you can make a difference.
If you think you have the skills and/or experience to do this role, then please apply for the role.
Please contact ALISON CALDER on 0203 328 0400 or email email@example.com