Marcus Donald is currently looking for a Principal Infrastructure Designer / Architect to join a leading Telecommunications client with a strong vision and impressive portfolio of clients. The role is to join an existing team who are passionate about what they do. This is a hybrid role where you will be required to go into the Hampshire office one day a week.
Must have – Principal Infrastructure Designer:
- Proven experience of setting the standards for the design, development testing of bespoke and COTS (Common off the Shelf) software/hardware for Broadcast, IP Network, IOT or corporate application based on expertise.
- Experience in setting the standards for processes and engineering practices.
- Extensive experience working with suppliers – both developing new services/capabilities and driving 3rd parties to resolve and fix functionality issues and errors.
- Solid understanding of IT information systems technical infrastructure that supports an enterprise infrastructure.
- Proven knowledge of system administration and software development and associated security.
- Strong experience designing solutions across hybrid services utilising both cloud and on-premises technologies.
Responsibilities - Principal Infrastructure Designer:
- Embrace the role of Lead Design Authority (LDA)
- Engage with key collaborators to define customer requirements.
- Drive the design and build activity, engaging with internal and external contributors to ensure the solution meets customer requirements.
- Analyse engineering problems related to equipment and systems or the causes of component failures and develop solutions to provide full resolution.
- Provide detailed, documented technical solutions and reports for distribution.
- Identify risks within the design and build through the design review process.
- Develop and apply engineering standards and procedures and provide technical guidance.
- Drive innovation, both small and large, into and through the business
Why join this company?
Their hybrid working model allows you to maximize your contributions while growing your career. You will be joining a team where you can really make a difference.
As well as a competitive salary, this role offers an excellent flexible benefits scheme worth up to 20% of salary, including choices such as: healthcare, critical illness cover, travel insurance + lots more. Additional benefits include; pregnancy support, health and well-being initiatives and personnel development.
This forward-thinking organisation prides itself on its diverse and inclusive working environment holding regular events such as unconscious bias workshops and employee led forums and networks to help us build an informed and supportive inclusive culture.
Does this sound like the type of company you would like to be part of? If you think you have the skills and/or experience to do this role, then please apply for the role or contact ALISON CALDER.