Marcus Donald are currently looking for a Data Protection Officer to join our client in the Financial industry.
*Hybrid – 2 days a week in office (Offices in London)*
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a part of a well establish organisation. This role would make a fantastic opportunity for someone who is keen to learn and wants to take the next step in their career.
Data Protection Officer – Responsibilities:
- Monitor and ensure compliance with data protection laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Develop, implement, and maintain data protection policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Conduct regular data protection audits and risk assessments to identify and mitigate potential compliance gaps.
- Provide guidance and support in assessing the impact of data processing activities and conducting Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs).
- Handle and respond to data subject requests, including requests for access, rectification, erasure, restriction, and data portability.
- Establish and maintain a data breach response plan, including procedures for timely detection, assessment, and notification of data breaches.
- Promote and ensure the integration of privacy principles, including Privacy by Design and Default, into the organisation's projects, products, and services.
- Develop and deliver data protection training programs
- Proficient in ISO27001 Information security framework
- Information Security Forum Standard of Good Practice (desirable)
- NIST Cyber Security Framework
Data Protection Officer – Qualifications / Desirables:
- Extensive knowledge of data protection laws, regulations, and best practices, particularly Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR.
- Professional certification such as Certified Information Privacy Professional / Europe (CIPP/E), Data Protection Practitioner (BCS) or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of data protection principles, privacy by design, and data subject rights.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to provide clear and concise guidance to stakeholders at all levels.
- ISO27701 knowledge would be a bit advantage
If you like this role would at all be suited to your expertise, please do not hesitate to reach out and apply! You can apply through and of the Marcus Donald job boards, or drop me a message vis LI or email, my email is email@example.com. I am looking forward to receiving your application!