Marcus Donald are collaborating with a very popular Telecoms organisation who are looking to expand their Security Operations Centre, allowing an opening for a SOC Analyst the opportunity to join the organisation.
This is a great role for someone who has a strong foundation of Cyber Security practices and possesses the fundamental skills to hit the ground running within a SOC environment.
The successful SOC Analyst will primarily responsible for monitoring, triaging, and escalating security events from multiple sources including email, web, SIEM, and the case management system.
SOC Analyst - Requirements:
- 2+ years’ experience working within a SOC
- Good verbal and written communication across the board
- Knowledge of security technologies such as SIEM, Firewall, Intrusion Detection, Anti-malware, Content filter, DLP, etc.
- Good familiarity with operating systems (Windows, Linux and MAC)
- Strong diagnostic skills and the ability to analyse technical information from multiple sources.
SOC Analyst - Responsibilities:
- Ensures all alerts are triaged comprehensively and escalated in accordance with established processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Conduct real-time analysis and correlation of security events with a focus on identification of attacker activity and false positives.
- Identifying opportunities to strengthen the capability of the Information Security
- Monitor SIEM tools to detect suspicious events and abnormal activities, triage events for criticality
- Close events that show no sign of malicious activity and where there is no impact.
SOC Analyst - Desired:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Diploma program in Cyber Security or related field.
- 2 years’ experience of working in a Security Analyst or similar role
- 2 years’ experience of working in a regulated environment (or with regulated clients).
- 2 years’ experience of working in a Cyber Security Operations Centre (managed service or internal team).
If this sounds like the perfect role for you and you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to reach out. Full detailed JD available, you can contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 3328 0400.