Marcus Donald are currently looking for a Data & Analytics Engineer to join a very well known organisation within a very exciting industry, in London (on a daily rate contract basis). You’ll be working within the Data Analytics Transformation team who drive innovation & reengineering.
* 6-month (rolling) contract & Remote working *
* £450-£550 per day / Inside IR35 *
The Data Analytics team have the core responsibility of ensuring that the business can make best use of their data, through developing and maintaining a wide range of data products ranging from self-serve business intelligence to high volume data science platforms. A mixed architecture is being used, with both traditional data warehousing and data lake technologies. The main and consistent aim is to help turn data consumed into actionable insight.
Data & Analytics Engineer – Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of data products that deliver upon the Technology and Data Strategy
- Work & collaborate with Data Engineers, Visualisation Developers, Testers, BI Architects and Data Architects
- Advise on potential analytical approaches to data sourcing and data transformation needs
- Design, coordinate, and implement analytical business and technology solutions
- Work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Collaborate with technologists to drive delivery within an Agile framework
- Stay on top of current industry trends
- Implement a solid data management governance framework (checks, controls, reconciliations, data quality monitoring)
Data & Analytics Engineer – Technical:
- Microsoft Azure – Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory etc...
- Databricks on Azure, Spark
- SQL skills are mandatory as well as knowledge of standard tools e.g., Jira, SharePoint, SQL development tools, etc.
- Strong Microsoft SQL Server (2014 – 2019) development - (T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS Tabular)
- Data modelling
- Data warehousing - Kimball
- Performance tuning & monitoring
- Agile development
- Automated testing
- Azure DevOps
- Data encryption
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Previous experience gained from within the IT industry as a BI Developer / Data Engineer for a large-scale data warehouse system; ideally focusing on financial and customer information would be perfect. We are looking for people who share our client’s passion for data and technology as a whole.
If this is indeed a role you would be interested in, please apply or you can reach out to me on LinkedIn Michael Johnson