Marcus Donald are looking for a Senior Python Developer to join and support a Financial Markets team for a global Financial Services organisation, you will partner a trading function to drive the development and management of operational tooling.
** Hybrid working – 2 days per week in London **
Specifically, you will work as part of the development team in London covering enhancements to the trading functionalities in line with the European financial markets and be involved with the design and buildout of the trading and peripheral operations platforms.
You will be responsibility for core application Development of the trading and operational support platform & ideally you have professional work experience related to the development of real-time critical systems with hands on knowledge of high availability and high reliability development.
Senior Python Developer - Required:
- Demonstrable expertise with Python (at least 3 years)
- Experience with open-source technologies and modern data architectures
- Familiarity with solving problems at scale and productionising data pipelines
- Good communication skills to interact with colleagues and business stakeholders to understand their needs and develop applications in an agile framework
- University degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other Quantitative disciplines
Senior Python Developer - Skills:
- Development experience with a language such as C/C++
- Strong quantitative, development and finance skills
- Familiar with financial markets related to equities, pricing, and trading/hedging strategies
- Team oriented, comfortable sharing ideas and working effectively with others
- Able to exercise independent thought and judgment and adapt to new tasks with little notice
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skill
Senior Python Developer - Desirable:
- Knowledge of distributed computing and deploying solutions in a cloud environment
- Experience with microservices architecture such as Docker
- Experience with modern Web and data integration technologies such as Kafka and React
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting a role of which you will be leading the delivery of technical projects & identifying operational scalability needs within a well-known global business with a flexible career path available!
If you are interested and would like to find out a little more about the role and company, please apply or email email@example.com.