Marcus Donald and I are looking to speak to an experienced Data Protection professional with GDPR experience to join a 6-month ciontract, inside IR35 We are working with a large Insurance client looking to expand their team in London.
Although the Head Office is in London, this role is fully remote.
You will be apart of the practical team who responds to data breaches and Co-ordinates SARs in compliance with UK GDPR
Information Governance Officer – Main Responsibilities:
- Maintain Data Protection policies
- Investigate potential and actual data breaches
- Assist investigations into complaints and incidents relating to DPA 2018 and GDPR
- Carry out internal audits to assure ongoing data privacy compliance
- Support the DP Lead in the ongoing review and improvements of policies and practice
Information Governance Officer – Required:
- Working knowledge of data privacy legislation including the GDPR
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role related to IG, technology, or data management.
- Knowledge of Freedom of Information Legislation, Data Protection and GDPR
- Sufficient understand and background in a technology related discipline
- An understanding of risk management principles and experience managing information risk.
Information Governance Officer – Desirables:
- Experience working in certified environments (e.g ISO27001, Cyber Essentials Plus, PCI DSS)
- Demonstrable evidence of driving continuous improvement.
- Relevant certification in data privacy.
- A qualification in data protection (CIPP/e, CIPM) or equivalent practical experience)
You will be joining an already established Information Governance team in a chilled yet results-driven environment.
This is an amazing opportunity and one that should not be missed! Even if you are not fully considering other opportunities right now, these types of opportunities don’t come about often, so why wait?
Should you want to discuss further, please apply or drop me a line directly on LinkedIn or email (firstname.lastname@example.org), FULL JD description available.