Information Governance Officer:
Marcus Donald are currently in the market for an Information Governance Officer to join a large education organisation.
**This is a fully remote / home-based position – all over UK**
You will be a part of the practical team which responds to data breach incidents and coordinates responses to both DPIAs and SARs in compliance with UK GDPR. You will also be responsible for driving the organisation to maintain and update ROPA
Information Governance Officer – Main Responsibilities:
- The oversight and the drive of the records that are required to be kept to demonstrate Data Protection compliance, including Record of Processing Activities (ROPA) and data protection impact assessments.
- Working with a big scale operation and using a complex and large system on a day-to-day basis.
- Co-ordinates response to Subject Access Requests (SARs) in compliance with UK GDPR
- Responding to data subject access requests (DPIA) according to policy by carrying out the necessary legitimacy checks.
- Responding to data breach reports according to policy by coordinating the gathering of the necessary information and liaising with the legal department to carry out assessments and carry on.
- Identifying risks and escalating issues and problems as required.
- Support the ongoing review and improvement of policies in relation to data protection.
- Recording all activities and reporting on performance.
Information Governance Officer – Required:
- Substantive experience with complex and large digital systems, not physical
- Working knowledge of data privacy legislation, data protection law, and practice including the GDPR.
- Strong understanding of Data Protection / Information Governance
- Experience in responding to and knowledge of DPIAs & SARs.
- Sufficient understanding and technical background in a technology-related environment.
- Strong overall technical background as opposed to legal.
- At least 3 years experience in an Information Governance role.
this position appeals to you, please do not hesitate to contact Ryan Solan with any questions or for more details about the organisation and job. (email@example.com)