Marcus Donald are currently looking to source a Big Data Engineer for a large client within the exciting retail space. You will be tasked with building data products and help improve platform capabilities.
* 6-month Contract & Hybrid working *
* £500-£600 per day / Inside IR35 *
You will be working with cutting edge data technologies to solve problems and you can expect to work with a range of technologies including DBT, Kotlin/Java, Python, Apache Spark and Kafka.
Big Data Engineer – Responsibilities:
- You will have an understanding of data modelling and experience with data engineering tools and platforms such as, Kafka, Spark, and Hadoop
- Experience in various continuous delivery practices to deploy, support and operate data pipelines
- Experience working across the full delivery chain, from data to products
- Comfortable presenting technical ideas to non-technical colleagues
- Passionate about mentoring and coaching and sharing technical expertise
- Strong team work ethic, communication, and collaboration skills
Big Data Engineer – Desirable:
- Messaging systems such as Apache Kafka
- Docker / Container Orchestration
If you are a Big Data contractor this is a fantastic opportunity for you really expand your technical offerings and add a very well known organisation to the list of clients you have worked with. If you are interested in hearing more, please apply or you can reach out to me on LinkedIn – Bobby Corbyn.