Marcus Donald are looking to add x3 SOC Analyst (contractors) to a very established SOC.
You will be joining a well-known UK based MSP & provide additional assistance in monitoring SIEM tools to detect suspicious events & triage accordingly for criticality.
* Competitive Day Rate Available *
* 3 month rolling contract / Inside IR35 *
* Fully remote OR 1-2 days a week in either Manchester or Berkshire offices (you decide) *
As much as there is little preference on previous SIEM tools used, our client is ideally looking for AlienVault knowledge/experience.
SOC Analyst – Responsibilities:
- Monitor SIEM tools to detect suspicious events and abnormal activities, triage events for criticality
- Demonstrate the ability to dynamically assess risks, threats & threat actors for new and existing customers
- Interface with customers to resolve issues, provide additional information, and answer questions
- Review and assess impact and remediation actions for incidents escalated by Tier 1
- Follow standard operating procedures for detecting, classifying, and reporting incidents
- Document and managing incident cases to utilise information for customers reports to provide insight and intelligent recommendations
- Good verbal and written communication
- Set an example to junior staff
SOC Analyst - Technical:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of Security Incident Handling and Response within a SOC
- Knowledge of SIEM tools (preferably AlienVault but Splunk, QRadar, LogRhythm or Sentinel is acceptable)
- In-depth knowledge of the latest security vulnerabilities, exploits and malware attack vectors
- Understanding of incident handling and forensics
- Knowledge about risk assessment and quantification methodologies
- Familiarity with automated security monitoring systems and log correlation
- Security certification (MCSA, MCITP, CCSA, CCSE, CEH or similar would be an advantage)
- Previous experience working in an MSP (desirable)
This is very exciting role and for the right person & a great company to add to your CV. If you would like to review the full job description and understand the business a little more, please get in touch and apply. There are multiple positions available however, due to the business popularity, they're never usually live for long.