2nd Line Support Engineer
Marcus Donald are working with a popular education, training and assessment organisation who are looking for an 2nd Line Support Engineer, based in North London. They are unlike most educational organisations whereas their Technology presence is and has always been priority.
* Hybrid working - 2 days from London office / 3 days from home *
2nd Line Support Engineer - Responsibilities & Job Role:
- Maintain a high level of professional IT support for all internal users
- Act as an escalation point for 1st Line team
- Responsible for patching, monitoring, troubleshooting server, workstation hardware and software issues
- Strong communication skills when liaising with users via email, telephone or face to face.
- Be the top of the escalation chain from 1st line and within 2nd line before escalation to Infrastructure. Manage and own the incident and have final decision on escalation to the infrastructure team or a 3rd party.
- Generate reports, create build disks and image machines, understands the roles of collections, task sequences, packages and deployments
2nd Line Support Engineer - Technical Skills Required:
- Strong experience with Microsoft based operating systems - Windows Server 2008/12 & Windows 7/10
- Good experience with Group Policy
- Strong experience with PowerShell
- Experience with WSUS (Window Server Update Services)
- Strong experience with Deployment tools such as SCCM
This is a really cool company and one that would look fantastic on your CV. We believe this is an excellent opportunity for someone currently solely working within an IT Support role that is looking for more responsibility outside of resolving tickets.
Even if you are just curious who I am recruiting for, please get in touch, I'd be keen to discuss this in further detail and have a more informative job description ready.
Hope to hear from you soon and if you'd prefer to email me, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to begin discussions.