Marcus Donald are currently looking to hire a Windows Systems Administrator for a large banking client in the City of London. You will be tasked with delivering infrastructure services to the banks platforms globally.
* £400-£500 per day / 6-month contract / 2 days per week in the office *
** Outisde IR35 **
This is an important hire as you will have the joint responsibility (alongside the rest of the team) to deliver a full catalogue of business products and services whilst ensuring a resilient, scalable and continuous business operation 24/7.
Windows System Administrator – Responsibilities:
- To provide operational support for the Wintel infrastructure stack at third line level providing the ultimate internal technical escalation point for this stack within the bank.
- Responsible for resolving & fulfilling incident, problem, change, service requests, break-fix, and backups/restores.
- Responsible for deployment of the Wintel technology stack and component items, including deployment planning, scheduling & control, installations, hardware & software lifecycle management, upgrades (including capacity, modifications & enhancements and end-of-life replacements), as applicable.
- Wintel technology stack operations, including monitoring (command & control), and technical support & optimisation (to maximize availability); inclusive of systems support, communications, automation, storage, backup, restores, user access control, virus protection & safeguarding, as applicable.
- Drive change and innovation to the banks platforms and services, ensuring the latest technology standards and adherence with all regulatory and control frameworks.
Windows System Administrator – Technical:
- Windows Server Platforms 2008 R2 and above (including roles and features)
- Microsoft Active Directory and supporting services (DNS, DHCP, GPO, DFS, etc.)
- Office 365 support, off prem email support
- Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM), baselines, metrics and thresholds
- VMware vSphere 6.x including Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
- PowerShell Scripting (platform management and process automation)
This a great position for someone looking to work within the banking industry. There is great changes unfolding and therefore, this contract will be great for your overall growth and offerings as a future SME. If you would like to understand more and discuss projects planned, please apply. You can also contact me through email@example.com
The team consists of over 100 staff globally with a passion for high performance and collaboration; ensuring customer satisfaction and service excellence is at the heart of everything we do.