Marcus Donald are currently looking for a Senior Python Developer with brilliant experience to join a popular Financial Trading company, who can participate in a large, fast-growing trading project.
*100% Remote Working - Work from anywhere in the UK, Poland, Czech Republic, Italy or Cyprus*
Ideally, we are looking for an experienced Python Developer with a passion for Python and the Pythonic way of solving problems. You will be joining a very popular and cutting-edge team with the view of innovating the traditional finance space with a new completely disintermediated platform for saving and investing
NOTE: Experience within Financial services / Trading is NOT required.
Senior Python Developer - Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, and other developers to build a best-in-class experience for our customers
- Write effective, scalable code
- Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Integrate user-facing elements into the application
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems for our customers
- Implement security and data protection solutions
- Assess and prioritise feature requests with data-informed product development (analytics, A/B testing, etc.)
Senior Python Developer - Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of Python and the Pythonic way of solving problems
- Ability to find your way in a non-trivial codebase
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL and database design principles
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Understanding of functional programming principles
- Understanding of test-driven development (TDD), and desire to write tests
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
Senior Python Developer - Desired:
- Broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product and conversion rates
- Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Container Instances
- Experience with AWS
- Knowledge of spread betting or financial derivative trading
- Agile development experience
You don’t want to miss out on this opportunity as this company strive to bring out the best in you... They appreciate your strengths and will champion your ideas and career to allow a space where you can belong to a vibrant, motivated community!
Opportunity to learn new technologies;
Possibility to do new things, not just maintain old;
Possibility to grow your career;
Appreciation and honest/open leadership style;
A friendly team of experts who inspire and support you
Should you want to discuss further prior to apply please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or connect LinkedIn. FULL job description available to be digested further.