Marcus Donald are looking for a Senior Python Developer to join and support a Financial Markets team for a global Financial Services organisation, you will partner a trading function to drive the development and management of operational tooling for electronic and algorithmic trading and operational activities.
Specifically, you will work as part of the development team in the design and buildout of the trading and peripheral operations platforms and must have the following:
- Demonstrable expertise with Linux and Python
- Good communication skills to interact with colleagues and business stakeholders to understand their needs and develop applications in an agile framework
- Personable with ability to work in high-stress situations
- Familiarity with information security and enterprise code development norms to apply modern best practices
You will be responsibility for core application Development / Infrastructure / DevOps of the trading and operational support platform & ideally you have professional work experience related to the development of real-time critical systems with hands on knowledge of high availability and high reliability development.
Senior Python Developer - Required:
- University degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other Quantitative discipline
- Development experience using Python and a language such as C/C++
- Familiarity with code versioning and issue tracking systems
- Experience with open-source technologies and modern data architectures
- Familiarity with solving problems at scale and productionizing data pipelines
- Experience with financial markets related to equities, pricing, and trading/hedging strategies
Senior Python Developer - Skills:
- Strong quantitative, development and finance skills
- Team oriented, comfortable sharing ideas and working effectively with others
- Able to exercise independent thought and judgment and adapt to new tasks with little notice
- Detailed, results oriented and efficient
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Senior Python Developer - Desirable:
- Knowledge of distributed computing and deploying solutions in a cloud environment
- Experience with microservices architecture such as Docker
- Experience with modern Web and data integration technologies such as Kafka and React
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting a role of which you will be leading the delivery of technical projects & identifying operational scalability needs within a well-known global business with a flexible career path available!
If you are interested and would like to find out a little more about the role and company, please apply or email email@example.com.