Marcus Donald are currently looking to identify an experienced Cloud Security Engineer to join a very popular and well-known Financial Services company in London & to complement a very competitive salary, benefits and bonus scheme you will also have the freedom to work 3 days from home (2 days in the office, in London).
The successful Cloud Security Engineer will be part of a mature Security Engineering Team and will be responsible for understanding, researching, designing, and developing security solutions within (predominantly) a Linux & AWS cloud environment.
You will be working with associated teams including Architecture, Platforms and Development, create and maintain the necessary technical standards, designs and configuration templates for secure usage of multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud platforms.
A passion for Cloud Security is very important here!
Cloud Security Engineer – Experience & Skills:
- Experience with AWS (needs to have secured an AWS Environment and understand / recommend solutions based on potential AWS compatible products)
- Define and develop cloud security engineering
- Experience with technical security in at least one cloud environment (ideally AWS) is required
- Windows and/or Linux operating systems and system administration
- 5+ years of experience in technical IT or security roles
- 3+ years of experience in security-focused technical roles OR 3+ years of experience in cloud-focused technical roles
- Understanding of networking (LAN, WAN, TCP/IP)
Cloud Security Engineer – Responsibilities:
- Act as technical security SME for non-security projects, reviewing proposed design and implementation to ensure technical security risks are detected and addressed
- Assess company security proposed deployment of and/or integration with Software-as-a-service SaaS solutions
- Build and maintain the tool and integrations for in-house SOC
- Collaborate with external teams to ensure that the SIEM platform maintains access to all systems and data necessary to perform their function
- Make recommendations regarding the current configuration to help increase the levels of security within the cloud environments
Cloud Security Engineer – Desirable:
- AWS, CISSP, OSCP (or related)
- Practical knowledge of container and Kubernetes security and strong familiarity with multi-tenant architectures
- An understanding of application development and application release management, particularly CI/CD tooling and systems.
- Experience working with one or more databases, including Oracle, MySQL, AWS RedShift, and SQL Server
This is an amazing opportunity, so if you’re keen to progress and have personal interests in both Cloud and Security please either apply or furthermore, should you want to hear more about the role and company prior, please email email@example.com