Marcus Donald are looking for a Senior SOC Analyst to join a very popular and well-known Financial Services company in London.
* 6 month contract / Inside IR35 *
** 2 days per week in London / 3 days remote **
The successful individual will join the Security Operations team and be responsible for managing security related events within the organisation. You will be responsible for ensuring that security incidents adversely affecting the business are quickly diagnosed, workarounds are determined, proper root cause analysis is performed, and actions are taken to prevent the issue from reoccurring.
Senior SOC Analyst – Responsibilities:
- Security Monitoring - Create and refine security monitoring rules, techniques, and processes
- Proactively hunt for evidence of threats or compromise
- Incident Management - Investigate and resolve escalated security incidents & perform root cause analysis, recommend process improvements
- Proactively improve/minimize insider threat
- Project Delivery - Vulnerability Management, Security Controls Administration, SIEM Maintenance & Content, Threat Intelligence & Threat Hunting
- Reporting & documentation
- Lead the training and development of other SOC team members
Senior SOC Analyst – Skills / Experience:
- Deep familiarity with one or more SIEM tools is required
- Windows and Linux operating systems and system administration
- Networking, including TCP/IP and other common protocols
- Understand the role, and standard use cases of technical security products, such as firewalls, antivirus, web proxies, SIEM (QRadar etc.), IDS/IPS, DLP, & EDR
- Familiarity vulnerability scanning and penetration testing tools and techniques
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Vendor certifications for Microsoft, Linux, Cloud, Networking or Security products
- Ideally, one of either CISSP, CEH, CREST, OSCP, Security+, Network+ or CySA+
If you feel like your skillset is aligned to this description, this is an amazing opportunity and one that should not be missed! Even if you are not fully considering other opportunities right now, these types of opportunities don’t come about often, so why wait?
FULL and more expansive job description available upon request…
Feel free to apply online or drop me an email - firstname.lastname@example.org