Marcus Donald are currently working with an amazing client who are looking to replace their current Head of IT Security. Our client is at the very heart of the Broadcast & Utilities sector within the UK (and further afield) providing critical data, network and communications services.
To further explain the business their offerings, include; Media Services (radio, television, digital broadcasting & now, video streaming), Utilities Services (gas, electricity and water metering), Satellite data services (global satellite, teleport & fibre networks – 99.99% reliability).
You will be a very influential hire, heading up a highly technical Security team working on an extensive digital transformation involving cloud adoption. Your key aim is to ensure critical security assurance is in place for the following areas; utilities, smart metering, ML/AI, broadcast, enterprise & tech information security.
* Hybrid – However, there is a requirement for you to be in Hampshire office for meetings x2 days per week MAX *
You can achieve up to £90,000 per annum + a 15% bonus. Additional benefits include but are not limited to;
- Private medical care (partner and family included) – AXA
- Group personal pension (they make generous contributions (a minimum of 6%) into your plan, depending on your length of membership and the % you contribute
- Personal accident insurance, health screening, dental, critical illness, life assurance + much more...
Head of IT Security – Responsibilities:
- Accountable for ensuring enterprise products align with the technical security strategy leading to security becoming an enabler
- Advise on security architecture and technical compliance with legal requirements, regulatory requirements, and contractual obligations to ensure these are managed effectively
- Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and an understanding of IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS delivery models; and an understanding of standard industry cyber security frameworks such as NIST, CIS, ISO, etc.
- Manage the delivery of technical security and testing services to functions across the Enterprise, ensuring controls can be measured to demonstrate effectiveness
- Building strong working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, influencing where necessary
Head of IT Security – Technical:
- Managed teams in securing a broad range of technical enterprise IT systems (server, database, storage, cloud) to enable effective security evaluation of new designs
- Enabled teams to provide dedicated security design/architecture. Delivering from requirements to build and transition
- Good experience within information Security environments ensuring compliance to ISO27001 ISMS policies, legal, regulatory, or contractual obligations
- Extensive experience of leading technical security maturity improvement within large scale business critical programmes
- Extensive knowledge of a broad range of technical security architecture and standards such as:-NIST Cyber Security Framework, Network Information Systems Directive (NIS-D), ISO27002:2013, Cloud Security Alliance Standard
- At least two of the following: MSc Cyber Security or related subject, CISSP, CISM, SABSA, TOGAF, CCSA/CCSP, CCISO, CCDP/CCNP
- Proven financial acumen
Head of IT Security – Desirable:
- Significant experience of working in government or other highly regulated environments
- Experience and knowledge of securing; networking concepts/protocols, Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure, enterprise IT Security systems (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web proxy, PAM etc)
This really is a great opportunity to grow a team and really make a different within an organisation that has huge plans both short and long term. You will really be able to impact change here and will be given the opportunity and trust to build a team & resilient systems within a critical national infrastructure.
If this is a role you would like to hear more about and discuss further, please do not hesitate as we are sure there is going to be a lot of interest in both the opportunity and of course the company. You can reach me directly on email@example.com