Marcus Donald are currently looking for a Java Developer to join a Financial Institution in the City of London. You will be joining a Software Development team responsible for design and implementation, support and maintenance of the Bank’s applications and analytic tools using Agile principles.
** Hybrid / Remote – Between 6-8 days per month in the Office – Canary Wharf **
The role combines extensive technical knowledge and application expertise to deliver functional and technical support for the users of the applications within the Bank. This is a great opportunity for someone keen to embrace and work within a DevOps pipeline with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
Java Developer – Responsibilities:
- Responsible for design and development of highly complex applications for example; banking, treasury, risk and finance functions as well as corporate services
- Deliver customer focused support and development services, potentially in a DevOps pipeline with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), but also facilitating manual deployment for legacy applications where necessary
- Deliver working software in line with agreed quality and risk standards
- Work closely with Architects, Business Analysts (BA), Quality Assurers (QA) and other developers to build or enhance systems.
- Working with IT architects to ensure “we build it ‘right’”, and “make the ‘right’ choices” in line with business IT strategic direction and established technology decisions
Java Developer - Technical:
- In-depth knowledge and broad experience in Java coding
- Extensive experience of working at agile at scale and expert in the application of modern development methodologies e.g., BDD, TDD
- Embraces the DevOps culture with extensive experience of delivering, supporting and extending CI/CD environments and associated tooling, e.g., Jenkins, Maven, Gradle.
- Knowledge of developing microservices and integration using APIs, working with Spring Boot, Elastic (ELK Stack), RESTful web services, messaging services e.g., Enterprise Service Bus, MongoDB, Camunda BPMS engine.
- Excellent communicator in English - both written and verbal
This is a great opportunity for a Java Developer to combine and utilise their skillset within a Banking organisation and to join them on a very complex, focused and rewarding journey.
If you feel this is a role you would like to learn more about and understand the company and transformation plans in place, please apply or email me directly – firstname.lastname@example.org