Marcus Donald are currently looking for a Java Developer to join a Financial Institution in the City of London. You will be joining a Software Development team responsible for design and implementation, support and maintenance of the Bank’s applications and analytic tools using Agile principles.
** Hybrid / Remote – Between 6-8 days per month in the Office – Canary Wharf **
The role combines extensive technical knowledge and application expertise to deliver functional and technical support for the users of the applications within the Bank. Full Stack Developer, ideally Angular (however, will consider other front-end experience).
Java Developer – Responsibilities:
- Responsible for design and development of highly complex applications for example; banking, treasury, risk and finance functions as well as corporate services
- Deliver working software in line with agreed quality and risk standards
- Work closely with Architects, Business Analysts (BA), Quality Assurers (QA) and other developers to build or enhance systems.
- Working with IT architects to ensure “we build it ‘right’”, and “make the ‘right’ choices” in line with business IT strategic direction and established technology decisions
Java Developer - Technical:
- Developing services through use of and supporting APIs.
- Expereince of overseeing an offshore/ distributed development function
- Perform Java development work to fulfil user requirements for enhancements and bug fixes in a fast moving and ever-changing environment.
- Familiarity and experience with the following technologies is desirable –
- Spring, Spring Batch, Sprint Boot. Spring MVC
- Angular JS/4+, jQuery, AJAX, JAXB, JSP, Swing, JSON, RESTful web services
- Elastic/ELK stack, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Solr, Hibernate, JPA, JMS, ActiveMQ, Jboss, Tomcat
- DB technologies SQL, PL/SQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle
- Eclipse, Mercurial, Git, Maven, Jenkins
- Selenium, SOAPUI, NeoLoad, JMeter, Junit, Tricentis Tosca
- Appian, Activiti or other Business Process Management Solution (BPMS) engine
- Document management such as OpenText CS, Huddle, Alfresco
- Excellent communicator in English - both written and verbal
This is a great opportunity for a Java Developer to combine and utilise their skillset within a Banking organisation and to join them on a very complex, focused and rewarding journey.
If you feel this is a role you would like to learn more about and understand the company and transformation plans in place, please apply or email me directly – email@example.com