Marcus Donald are currently looking for a talented C++ Developer, someone who is highly competent in working with complex mathematical algorithms. The company are very popular and an expert within the Telecoms industry therefore, sufficient Radio Frequency (RF) domain knowledge would be fantastic.
** 100% Remote / Home Based – Worldwide (dependant on time difference – -4 or +4 CET) **
This really is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to become a specialist in a particular area of software. You will be responsible for working out the requirements for emerging technologies and/or features, so therefore heavily involved with Project & Company success.
4-8+ years of experience in developing large scale mission-critical software applications & experience with software development in a Windows environment is essential.
C++ Developer – Responsibilities:
- Proactively learn the functionality and feature set of your software product
- Strive to create a highly cohesive and modular product that ultimately lowers the cost of adding new functionality to it
- Possess strong programming and technical skills and be capable of proactively working on a project without requiring constant supervision by the team leader
- Capable of fixing bugs and their quality should be of a high standard
- Capable of performing unit and integration testing that meets the defined quality criteria.
- Capable of performing and receiving software walkthroughs to educate and encourage the team into building high quality software
- Create detailed design specifications
- Product Quality – bug fixing, unit & integration testing etc.
- Project Management – planning, estimating, monitoring progress, managing risk etc.
- Leadership – Mentoring, Project Lead, R&D etc.
C++ Developer – Technical:
- Knowledge of C++ and/or C#
- C++ Coding Guidelines
- Possess strong SQL skills preferably using Oracle
- Visual Studio 2015 or later
- Understanding of XML and associated technologies such as XSLT & XSD
- Windows & MFC Programming Experience
- Experience with one or more of the following is a plus: Radio Access Networks, Oracle Database.
- Simulations for planners (e.g., RSI, BSIC, scrambling code, PCI)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (English)
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Telecommunications or related experience.
C++ Developer – Desirable:
- Microsoft ATL and COM knowledge
- Knowledge of Radio Network Planning & Optimization
- Physics or Maths degree or even a Ph.D would be ideal
As mentioned above you will need to be highly competent in working with complex mathematical algorithms as these provide the basis for Telecoms technology simulations and if you have knowledge of the ASSET simulator then incredible however training will be provided and is already in place to assist individual growth and business goals are reached.