Marcus Donald are currently looking for an experienced AWS Solution Architect to design secure, reliable, and flexible solutions which meet business needs (both now & future) for a large and reputable business – a leader within the Telecommunication industry.
A solid understanding of migrating services from on-premise to cloud or a hybrid model in the Cloud in particular utilising technologies across, SaaS, PaaS & IaaS with a Cloud-first approach.
**Mostly remote working however, occasional travel to either the London or Hampshire offices will be required**
AWS Solution Architect – Responsibilities:
- Work with the delivery function to produce critical architecture (high level and low level designs)
- Liaise with AWS Cloud Architects, Security function and build teams to work towards and deliver upon the AWS strategic cloud initiative
- Provide detailed, documented technical solutions and reports for distribution both internally and externally
- Identify risks within the design and build through the design review process and take action to ensure appropriate mitigation/management
- Drive innovation, both small and large
AWS Solution Architect – Technical:
- Familiar with AWS cloud migrations and the technologies available
- Experience of migrating services from on-premise to cloud or a hybrid model
- Good understanding of Governance and Compliance
- Solid understanding of IT information systems technical infrastructure that support an enterprise infrastructure
- Strong experience designing solutions in the Cloud in particular utilising technologies across, SaaS, PaaS & IaaS
AWS Solution Architect – Desirable:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or equivalent, Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), Red Hat Certified (RHCSA or equivalent), The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) etc.
- Current or historical held SC Level Clearance (or ability to be able to achieve this clearance)
This is an excellent opportunity to collaborate with critical teams across the organisation, influencing senior collaborators and sharing knowledge and skills with Designers, Engineers and Developers across a broad range of projects. The company really is incredible and the present and future opportunity here to grow is one not to be ignored and missed.
If you would be interested in understanding more about the role, responsibilities or future project plans and transformation please apply and I’ll call you ASAP. Furthermore, I am happy to receive direct applications through firstname.lastname@example.org.